|
Museum, Parks & Zoos / Museums, parks & zoos
|
|
|
|
|
==> Land/Country="EE" Bundesland/State="Harju"
|
|
Google Info
- Nicht alle Länder und Museen sind bereits über Google map anzeigbar.
- Not all countries and all museums can already be shown with Google maps.
|
==> 16 Einträge gefunden / entries found
|
|
|
|
|
Pikakose House Museum
Könnu
EE- Loksa / Laxa
(Harju)

Google Maps

Info Telefon: 56 457 839
Besucher-Email: pikakose@hot.ee
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Estonian National War Museum
Möisa tee 1
EE-74001 Viimsi / Wiems
(Harju)

Google Maps

Kontakt / Contact:
Öffnungszeiten/Opening hours
Wed–Sat 11–17
Sammelschwerpunkte/Main collections
The Estonian War Museum was officially founded on January 19, 1919 by the order of the Commander-in-Chief of the Estonian armed forces, General Johan Laidoner. It was the time of fierce battles of the Estonian War of Independence as just a few days before Tartu had been liberated and the future of the Republic of Estonia was by far not sure.
The idea to create a war museum came from the Chief of the Task Staff of the Estonian army, Major General Jaan Soots. His article titled “The Museum of the Estonian War of Independence” was published on February 18, 1919 in the newspaper “Postimees”, where he called for active participation to collect weaponry, flags, documents, books, war-time letters and description of battles in order to create an accurate history of the greatest war on Estonian territory.
Mr. Taavet Poska, private of the 6th infantry regiment, became the first manager and later executive of the museum. In 1921 some rooms of the 2nd floor of the Officers’ Casino in Vene Street were given to the museum. Mr. August Pulst had previously systematized some of the materials now given to the newly founded museum and when added the active work of Mr. Poska, the first modest exhibition was opened on February 24, 1922 (Independence Day). It should be noted that the leadership of the army took the general idea of the museum and the collecting of materials very seriously – materials were correctly preserved, numerous paintings were ordered (e.g. from Maximillian Maksolly, Jüri Riis, Voldemar Kangro-Pool, Peet Aren) and the funds allocated allowed the museum to purchase some items on its own. In addition Mr. Poska took trips to Berlin, Stockholm, Riga and Helsinki to acquire the needed know-how of creating a museum of military history.
In the 1930s the Museum of the Estonian War of Independence was renamed and became known as the War Museum. There were just two men working for the museum: director Poska and a typist. But cooperation with the War Archive and the History Committee of the Estonian War of Independence was good.
It soon became evident that the rooms allocated to the museum were too small for a larger exhibition. At the time there was a debate of creating an Independence memorial and the museum could be built next to it. A committee, headed by Major General Rudolf Reimann was founded, and on May 2, 1938 the Council of State Defence decided that 600,000 kroons could be allocated to establish the new museum. But the harsh future of Estonia changed these plans.
By 1940 there were approximately 10,000 various items in the museum, a few thousand of which were constantly displayed. The items included various weaponry, trophy flags taken from the Red Army, lay figures with original wartime uniforms, military maps and the furnishing of the cabinet of the Commander-in-Chief. Separate exhibitions were dedicated to the heroes of the War of Independence: to Anton Irv and Julius Kuperjanov.
When the Republic of Estonia was occupied in the summer of 1940 the War Museum had to leave its rooms in Vene Street. The museum’s assets were first moved to Kopli (to the so-called “red barracks”). Later they were brought back to the Old City – to the Kiek in de Kök Tower. The executive of the museum had to accept the property of the disbanded Defence League and of the former Estonian armed forces (flags, award trophies, memorial items, etc) as well. On December 29, 1940 the ESSR Peoples’ Commissar for Education decided that the War Museum would be closed down on January 1, 1941 and its collections handed over to the Museum of History and Revolution. However, on June 24, 1941 many items of the collection were instead given to the Red Army to be used on the front: 12 machine guns, 50 rifles, 35 pistols, 26 sabres and ammunition. In addition the museum was also broken into and when inspected in September 1941, a third of the original collection was missing.
When the German army left Tallinn in 1944 it was forced to leave much of its equipment behind. Museum’s staff got the permission from the Command of the Leningrad Military District to collect some of it for future exhibitions. But it later only gave the soviet security structures an excuse to inspect the museum and arrest its staff.
At the end of 1945 the new staff of the museum organized stocktaking of the museum’s collections. Besides the control of persistency, items of “fascist origin” were filtered out and were supposed to be destroyed. However, it is not certain, how accurately this order was carried out.
In 1948 the museum was again broken into and in the beginning of the 1950s documented “eliminating process” began. An act dating from April 18, 1950 documents that 398 paintings and graphic sheets in addition to 168 sculptures were destroyed. Such tasks were continued throughout 1951 when other paintings, sculptures, uniforms, decorations, flags, etc were destroyed.
Besides direct destruction many items were also handed over to other state bodies – to archives, the Library of the Academy of Sciences and the Museum of Art. The Drama Theatre received 235 uniforms of the Estonian army and the police.
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Viimsi Museums
Nurme tee 3
EE-74001 Pringi küla, Viimsi vald
(Harju)

Google Maps

Kontakt / Contact:
Öffnungszeiten/Opening hours
1.6.–31.8. Every day 11–18,
1.9.- 31.5. Wed–Sun 11–18 h.
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Museum of The Rebala Heritage Reserve
EE-74202 Jöelähtme küla
(Harju)

Google Maps

Kontakt / Contact:
Öffnungszeiten/Opening hours
1.9.-30.4. Mon–Fri 9–17 ,
1.5. –31.8. Mon–Fri 9–17, Sat 9–14
Sammelschwerpunkte/Main collections
"Rebala Heritage Reserve is an ancient cultural ground rich in heritage. Over 300 ancient landmarks, mostly stone cross graves and altar-stones, but also medieval sanctuaries, fields and estates are located on the area of 74 km².
An abandoned phosphorite mine characterizes recent human activities. Its location in the vicinity of open stone cross graves from the iron age provokes intriguing thoughts.
In Jöelähtme, the heart of the Rebala Heritage Reserve, is the centre of the conservation area – a museum, where prehistoric burial traditions are introduced, reflecting the world-view and everyday life of our ancestors.
To illustrate all this for a modern visitor, an open grave with the “deceased” and the buried artefacts have been reconstructed. The museum also displays bronze age clothing and jewellery, a miniature of local ancient settlements and teaches how to make fire with a steel.
A permanent burying ground with 36 renovated stone cross graves is located next to the museum. ” (Estonian Museums)
Places of interest:
Kostivere karst region
Jõelähtme Post Station (18th cent.)
Manorhouses
Rebala village
Waterfall of Jägala
Jägala Stronghold
Jõelähtme church
Stone barrows in Jõelähtme and museum of the reserve
Over 100 Cupstones allover the Reserve!
Picture: Cupstone.
The ritual of wearing cup-marks on stones was quite widespread in the first millennium BC, and was connected with fertility rituals. The reserve's biggest cup-marked stone towers some 3.5 metres in height in the paddock beyond Kostivere village.
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Tooman Farm Museum
EE-74202 Jöelähtme küla
(Harju)

Google Maps

Kontakt / Contact:
Öffnungszeiten/Opening hours
1.9.-30.4. Mon–Fri 9–17 ,
1.5. –31.8. Mon–Fri 9–17, Sat 9–14 h
Sammelschwerpunkte/Main collections
"Rebala Heritage Reserve is an ancient cultural ground rich in heritage. Over 300 ancient landmarks, mostly stone cross graves and altar-stones, but also medieval sanctuaries, fields and estates are located on the area of 74 km².
An abandoned phosphorite mine characterizes recent human activities. Its location in the vicinity of open stone cross graves from the iron age provokes intriguing thoughts.
In Jöelähtme, the heart of the Rebala Heritage Reserve, is the centre of the conservation area – a museum, where prehistoric burial traditions are introduced, reflecting the world-view and everyday life of our ancestors.
To illustrate all this for a modern visitor, an open grave with the “deceased” and the buried artefacts have been reconstructed. The museum also displays bronze age clothing and jewellery, a miniature of local ancient settlements and teaches how to make fire with a steel.
A permanent burying ground with 36 renovated stone cross graves is located next to the museum. ” (Estonian Museums)
An abundant number of ancient burial grounds - referred to as kangur (cairn-grave by the local people - have been preserved intact throughout history. There is usually only one, or several in a group, but they can always be identified by a hump on the ground.
Sites that have been excavated and then reconstructed by archaeologists have much greater appeal to a stray passer-by. The burial site at Jõelähtme is just one of these - unique in Europe - to have emerged in 1982-1984 during salvafe escavations.
It dates back to the Bronze Age (8th-7th century BC). The Tallinn-Narva road was being constructed when the builders stumbled upon 36 stone-cist graves which later, after having been explored, were so to say "lifted" to the side of the new road in accordance with the original plan. Currently, there is a museum next to the conservation area where the findings are on display.
There were few finds from the coffins. Objects like a bronze shaving knife and pincers put into coffins were most typical to Jutland toward the end of the Bronze Age. Evidently also the spindles found from the barrows originate from Danish territories.
The dead have been buried in centrally-placed sarcophagi with their heads pointing to the north and their eyes gazing at the life giving Sun. The sarcophagi were encircled in limestone walls as if embodying the world model of the man of that time : the man is the centre of the circle, able only to seize the unatainable horizon of the world with his gaze.
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Kolga Museum
EE-74602 Kolga / Kolk
(Harju)

Google Maps

Info Telefon: 6 077 584
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Kose Uuemöisa Local Popular Arts Museum
EE-74602 Kolga / Kolk
(Harju)

Google Maps

Info Telefon: 6 077 584
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Viinistu Art Museum
EE-74701 Viinistu, Loksa vald
(Harju)

Google Maps

Kontakt / Contact:
Öffnungszeiten/Opening hours
6.–31.08. Every day 11–18,
1.9.–31.5. Wed–Sun 11–18 h.
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Estonian Liberation Movement Museum
Külma park
EE-75303 Lagedi / Laakt
(Harju)

Google Maps

Kontakt / Contact:
Fax.: 6 766 197
Info Telefon: 6 766 197
Besucher-Email: evvml@hot.ee
Öffnungszeiten/Opening hours
Every day 9–19
Sammelschwerpunkte/Main collections
"The museum gives a survey of Estonian Liberation War, the development of the Estonian Armed Forces and the Defence League during the first independence of Estonia, Estonians in World War II, partisan movement and post war resistance movement. An independent exposition is made up of Estonian maritime history in the 20th century. ” (Estonian Museums)
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Beer Museum and Pub of the Saku Brewery
Tallinna mnt 2
EE-75501 Saku / Sack
(Harju)

Google Maps

Kontakt / Contact:
|
|
|
|
|
|
Seite/page [1/2]
|
« zurück / back
|
|
Hier könnte Ihre Werbung stehen?
Fragen Sie uns einfach.
|
|
Aktuelle Neueinträge und Korrekturen:
Museum of Customs and Excise Luxembourg LU
Konschthal Esch, Esch-sur-Alzette LU
Centre Culturel de Rencontre Abbaye de Neumünster, Luxembourg LU
Documentation centre about the Hopping Procession Echternach LU
Bourscheid Castle LU
Useldange Castle LU
Beaufort Castle LU
Minett Park Niederkorn LU
Luxembourg Science Centre Differdange LU
National Mining Museum Rumelange LU
Biodiversum Remerschen LU
Schefflänger Konschthaus Schifflange LU
Musée d: Histoiure Diekirch LU
Natur- und Geopark Mellerdall LU
Josef Hoffmann Museum Brtnice CZ
Domschatzmuseum Chur CH
Geiseltalsammlung DE
Museum der Stadt Olbernhau DE
Neuer Pavillon om Schloss Charlottenburg Berlin DE
Alber König Museum Unterlüß DE
Museum Schloss Herzberg DE
Antikenmuseum Heidelberg DE
Haus der Stadtgeschichte Waiblingen DE
Escher in het Paleis, Den Haag NL
[Illuseum Berlin DE]
Deutsches Spionagemuseum Berlin DE
Landesmuseum Württemberg Stuttgart DE
Kulturhistorisches Museum Wurzen DE
Hunsrückmuseum Simmern DE
GRASSI Museum für Völkerkunde zu Leipzig DE
Brandenburg Museum für Zukunft, Gegenwart und Geschichte Potsdam DE
Schwedenspeicher - Museum Stade DE
Kloster Schönthal, Langenbruck CH
CoSa im Joanneumn, Graz AT
Museum Fürstenfeldbruck DE
Fondation d'Hermitage Lausanne CH
Religio Telgte DE
Domquartier Salzburg AT
Albertina Klosterneuburg AT
Museum Peter & Traudl Engelhornhaus, Mannheim DE
Kutschenmuseum auf Schloss Augustusburg/Sachsen DE
Regionalmuseum Chuechlihaus CH
Ingeborg Bachmann-Haus AT
Gustav Seitz Museum Müncheberg DE
Museum für Stadtgeschichte Templin DE
Heimatmuseum Uebigau DE
Barnim Panorama DE
Karl Schmidt-Rottluff-Haus Chemnitz DE
Deutsches Museum Nürnberg DE
Mozart Wohnhaus Salzburg AT
MARKK Hamburg DE
Töpfereimuseum Raeren BE
Kunstmuseum Basel | Gegenwart CH
Museum of Contemporary Circumpolar Art Dr. Peter und Martha Cerny Bern CH
Belvedere21 Wien AT
Haus der Geschichte der Bundesrepublik Deutschland, Bonn DE
Schirn Kunsthalle Frankfurt DE
Glasmuseum Apfelthaler Altnagelberg AT
Museum der Stadt Grafing DE
Museum of the Cockerill Mine, Esch-sur-Alzette LU
International Gendarmerie and Police Museum, Capellen LU
Valentiny Foundation Remerschen LU
Mersch Castle Museum LU
Eugène Pesch Museum Lasauvage LU
Musée Ferrum Tetange LU
Distillery Museum Kehlen LU
Kannermusée Plomm Wiltz LU
Stadtmuseum Vianden LU
Michel Lucius Museum Reimberg LU
Espace Muséologique de Lasauvage LU
Museum of the Cockerill Mine, Esch-sur-Alzette LU
Näerdener Gare, Oerdange LU
|
|